LAGOS MAY EXTEND LOCKDOWN, says Sanwo-Olu

The State Governor, Babajide -Olu, has said that order may be extended in the state beyond 14 days.

He said this during a media briefing on Saturday.

He said that the lockdown would be extended depending on the situation of things, adding that

the number of patients discharged in Lagos has risen to 24.

It was reports that 109 of the 209 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Nigeria were recorded in Lagos.

The governor, however, assured residents that palliatives would be provided.

He said, “If there’s a need to the lockdown, I will. We got one discharged patient today (recovered from the coronavirus). We are going to sit down with the committee that is working on the community markets and see if we can announce more next week.”

On alleged assault of residents by enforcement agents, Sanwo-Olu said, “There’s been no backlash on the handling of people by the security operatives so far. I always tell them to ‘wear a human face’.”

Abuja and Lagos had been shut down for at least two weeks to curb the spread of COVID-19.

Also Read This  Why Boko Haram Is Targeting Christians - FG

1 thought on “LAGOS MAY EXTEND LOCKDOWN, says Sanwo-Olu

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: