A statement put out by the BBC programme has confirmed that filming will not be able to go ahead – but did not reveal how many members of production had contracted Covid.
It read: “We can confirm that a small number of people on the Little Mix The Search production have tested positive for coronavirus and they are now self-isolating following the latest government guidelines.
“Due to the format of the show we have made the decision to postpone Saturday’s programme. There are rigorous protocols in place to manage Covid-19 as the safety of all those involved in the production is paramount.
“We hope to be back on air on Saturday 24th October.”
Fans were devastated by the news and quick to send their well-wishes to the sick production members.
One wrote: “I’m gutted it’s postponed but at the end of the day everyone health & safety is the priority.
“I’m looking forward to seeing the live shows, whenever that will be.”
Another added: “I hope everyone is safe. Take your time. I’m praying for everyone who tested positive has a speedy recovery.
“I’m sending all my love and support to all the people who tested positive.”
They have put together an all-girl, all-boy, mixed, and dance group who are set to battle it out on the live shows.
The winning band will have the opportunity to join Little Mix on their upcoming Confetti tour.
The Search isn’t the only show to have been disrupted by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic of late, with Britain’s Got Talent facing similar chaos this week.
Yesterday, The Sun revealed that Britain’s Got Talent’s Christmas special had been dramatically shut down after a Covid outbreak on set.
At least three crew members tested positive for the illness before the first day of filming the one-off show.
Judges Alesha Dixon, David Walliams and Simon Cowell’s stand-in Ashley Banjo were all self-isolating — awaiting test results they hoped would be negative.
SAD SAD SITUATION
Elton John said Rod Stewart had ‘a f***ing cheek’ in latest feud twist
Two and a Half Men star Conchata Ferrell dead at 77 after heart attack
‘need a refund’
Married at First Sight’s David brought 30 condoms on sexless honeymoon
KISS ME QUICK!
Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid ‘kiss’ on Good Morning Britain
Cardi B posts nude selfie but quickly deletes snap after birthday bash with ex Offset
The Sun understands the panel had been in close contact with at least one of those affected, who was sent home after their diagnosis.
The Christmas special will see the nation’s favourite BGT acts return.
A show spokeswoman said: “As a result of a positive Covid-19 result we have implemented our protocols.
“We are unable to continue filming our BGT Christmas Special and have taken the decision to postpone.
“The safety of all involved in the show is our number one priority and we follow extensive Covid-19-related procedures to adhere to all Government guidelines.”