17 burnt to death in Lagos – Ibadan expressway accident

No fewer than 17 persons were burnt to death on Friday in an auto crash involving a Mazda bus and a tanker at Isara Bridge on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
The Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Ogun, Mr Ahmed Umar, confirmed the incident in Abeokuta.
Umar said that the accident occurred at about 5.00 a.m., adding that the number of people involved in the accident could not be ascertained.
He stated that the accident was caused by route violation and dangerous driving, which resulted in a head-on collision and thereafter fire outbreak.
The sector commander noted, however, that he could not ascertain which of the vehicles was at fault.
He said the bus was inbound Ibadan, while the tanker was outbound Ibadan.
He identified the two vehicles involved in the accident as a Mazda bus with registration number ZT 28 KLD and an unmarked tanker.
The FRSC official stated that only one male adult, one female adult and one female child could be identified out of the victims.
He noted that the vehicles were partially obstructing the service lane.
Umar said that the Isara Divisional Police station and FOS Morgue, Isara, had been informed of the incident.
The sector commander said that the accident was avoidable if the traffic rules and regulations had been obeyed.
He commiserated with the families of the deceased and enjoined them to contact the FRSC Ogere, for more information about the crash. (NAN)
Do You Need More Trending Updates? Then kindly bookmark our blog Realgosipcenter.com.ng, we will update you with more latest musics in mp3 audio format and video in mp4 formats as soon as they drop for quick downloads.Discover more from DailyNewsCover.com – Nigeria Breaking News, Politics, Business, Entertainment & Sports
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.


